Living aboard Eleuthera

  • January 14, 2015 4:02 PM
    Message # 3200522
    Anonymous

    After the long drive from Oquossoc, Maine to Norfolk, Virginia, Roberta and I are living aboard Eleuthera. No longer "dreaming the life", but "living the dream". The decks are solid as concrete, like the seller said, but "dry inside", not so much. The first night it rained was akin to sleeping on deck. I fixed 90% of them the next day, so all is good. I think the other 10% is just sweat,and sweat it does. Can't dampen my spirits thoe i still love it. I have installed a lot of temporary shelving, and double berth in the main salon. The cabin top in the v-berth doesn't sweat,but the headliner that used to be under the forward deck has been removed and any attempt to heat the space results in severe sweating. I'll need to fully insulate the area ASAP. Once i install the motor, and get the mast stepped i can take her to a warmer climate where the sweating will not be as much of a problem.This is our first time living aboard and we are constantly learning. When i look at other 30'-38' sailboats around us i'm so thankful for the room a Westsail 32 provides! Anyway life is good, very good, on my Westsail 32, Eleuthera. By for now, John, Roberta, Raspberry(dog), Trouble(cat)

    Last modified: January 14, 2015 4:10 PM | Anonymous
  • January 14, 2015 6:21 PM
    Reply # 3200595 on 3200522
    Anonymous member (Administrator)

    John:  Thanks for the news - and do keep in touch... there is a lot of ideas and fixes in the members area -  FAQ ... and of course do ask your questions in the forums. 

    Jay

  • January 14, 2015 6:38 PM
    Reply # 3200603 on 3200522

    Eleuthera , how fitting . A fortress , and the Mother of Greece . Don't sweat it , it will all come together in good time . Keep us posted !

  • January 15, 2015 7:53 AM
    Reply # 3201086 on 3200522
    Anonymous

    Thank you, i sure will. John

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software